Animal Control

Animal Control Officers respond to reports of bites, strays, and carcasses. All strays are delivered to the Palm Valley Animal Shelter in Edinburg.

For help with animal control:

  • To report animal issues, contact the Hidalgo County Health & Human Services Environmental Division:
    • 956-383-0111 or 956-383-0112
  • For bite emergencies, contact the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office:
    • 956-383-8112
Animal control badge